Friday, March 15, 2013

Betsy Ross

 photo march1-3_zps57098fa1.jpg

Gwen had her Kindergarten Patriotic Performance last week.  She got to be Betsy Ross.  She was so excited about it that she could barely sleep the night before the show.  One of my favorite things about being a mom is whenever there's any kind of show, recital, performance or even if I just stop by the school to drop off a forgotten lunchbox, they get so excited!  I was seated in the auditorium when the Kindergarten class marched in and on to the stage.  I could see Gwen scanning the audience for me.  As soon as our eyes met she lit up like you wouldn't believe and I returned the favor right back at her.  It's so darn cute.  I don't think her eyes came off of mine the entire show.  She wore this silly paper hat the entire day -- so cute!  Please don't ever grow up, Gwenners.