Thursday, April 23, 2009

Happy Anniversary

It has been a wild and fun ride.  Life comes at you fast and you sometimes just have to hold on. But let me tell you, there is no one else I would rather be on the 'ride of life' with than my Jon. We have been married for 6 years.  But who is counting...
Jon and I both forgot our anniversary this year.  At about 11:30 on the night of the 19th he woke me up and looked me in the eye and said, "I am an idiot.  I have to say something to you and it can't wait until the morning."  I had NO IDEA what he was about to say.  He then leaned in, gave me a kiss and said, "happy anniversary.  i love you".  I just started laughing.  He thought that I may have remembered but was wanting to see if he remembered too.  But no, I had not even thought of it.  We had a good laugh.  I sure love my Jon and I can not even for one second imagine spending my life with anyone else.  We are not perfect but we are perfect for eachother.  As he says, we make a good team.  He calls us, "team mcgee".  We have taught the girls this phrase and it is our little family motto.  I had a quote engraved on the inside of his wedding ring and it perfectly describes how I feel about him.  It reads, 
"I love you more than yesterday but less than tomorrow". 
It is so true.  Though it seems impossible, I do love him more each day.  So here is to my Jon and to a lifetime of being together. xoxo
P.S. how hilarious is this photo!!  It kills me everytime I see it.  We are on the ride Big Shot in Las Vegas.